Monday, March 28, 2011

Cement Dries Behind The Eyes

That's kind of how it feels when forced to confront the great slab of responsibilities, held together by all the things that interest you. It's daunting, dwarfing, and makes you feel like sleeping all day so as to escape the dread of the task(s) at hand. It's how I've been feeling, lately. My university studies, my extracurricular studies - black metal theory, Kierkegaard, the Desert Fathers, Theomusicology, Musical Theology & Philosophy, etc - my musical endeavors (i.e. being a decent musician), my religious wandering in my dark night of the soul: they all feel overwhelming. It's hard being a college student with high academic hopes that extend beyond undergrad, as well as being the sole musician and ideologue of your musical project, the responsibilities of which you refuse to share with anyone else.

Pardon the whiny post. I just needed to get it out. Things haven't been too fun, and I feel a bit defeated.

More cheery posts to come in the following weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment